В Хуа Хине будет построена самя большая киностудия в мире

Новости из Таиланда не касающиеся процедур въезда в Таиланд, визовых вопросов и других форумов раздела Таиланд

Сейчас этот форум просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1

В Хуа Хине будет построена самя большая киностудия в мире

Сообщение voyager1970 » 01 ноя 2007, 08:59

Film-maker building 'the world's biggest movie studio'

Having disappeared from the movie industry for 10 years, acclaimed producer and director Toranong Srichua has returned in style with the announcement of the construction of the Entertainment Complex Toranong Studio, which he claims will be the largest film studio in the world.

As managing director of 20th June Entertainment, Toranog said the company would eventually invest about Bt5 billion in the project: Bt2 billion has been spent on a 2,000-rai plot and Bt3 billion is allocated for indoor and outdoor studios.

Toranong purchased the land from Oran Asvanrithikul, a landowner and businessman in Phetchaburi. Other available land totalling 36,000 rai is in the Kaengkrachan Country Club and Resort and the golf community town owned by Oran and developed more than 20 years ago.

Oran's real-estate holdings include international villages, restaurants, and the golf club and resort near Kaengkrachan National Park.

"I want to change the Thai movie industry. Moreover, I believe that there are many film-makers who want to choose Thailand for their movie locations," said Toranong.

He said that a third of the investment money would come from the company's cash flow and the remainder from bank loans. Thai and foreign partners have joined the project.

Toranong said Kaeng Krachan district in Phetchaburi was the best location in the country to build a perfect studio.

"The Entertainment Com-plex Toranong Studio has more area than Hollywood or Bollywood. I believe that our studio will be better than Hollywood," he said.

Toranong added that the studio would provide an op-portunity for film-makers around the world to lease locations for their movie productions. Construction is 30 per cent complete and is scheduled to be finished in 2010.

"At present, film-makers from many countries, whose names I can't reveal, are dealing with us. However, we has concluded no deals at this time," Toranong said.

He said construction had been divided into two phases. The first is to build the indoor studio area, including sets for hospitals, banks and restaurants, while the second phase will construct Taj Mahal and the Great Wall of China sets as well as those for other world-famous locations. Moreover, the company will build sets for some of Bangkok's main roads, including Sukhumvit, Thonglor and Khao San.

At present, Toranong is producing three movies - "2022 Tsunami", "Heroes of the King" and "Dead Game Never Die" - all of which use locations at his new studio. Toranong will launch them next year.

"All of my films will be examples for movie-makers in many countries to get to know about the Entertainment Complex Studio. I believe our movie studio will attract global film-makers wanting to lease locations for their films," he said.

"I project to generate income of about Bt1 billion next year, Bt500 million from the movies and the remainder from the studio operation. The studio will reach break-even point in three years," Toranong said.

The Nation
Carpe Diem

"He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future."
-- George Orwell
voyager1970
абсолютный путешественник

Благодарил (а): 3 раз.
Отчеты: 18
таиланд отдых

Список форумовАЗИЯ форумТАИЛАНД форумНовости из Таиланда

Включить мобильный стиль